Did you know that 20th of August is National Bacon Lovers Day? Bacon deserves its bit of notoriety because almost everyone loves bacon. It’s considered a staple for Canadians and Americans alike and statistics indicate that more than half of all homes have bacon where it’s used for breakfast, added to sandwiches, salads, and much more.
Here are some random bits about bacon:
- Bacon is one of the oldest processed meats in history. The Chinese began salting pork bellies as early as 1500 B.C.
- In the US, bacon is eaten 70% of the time for breakfast, 11% for lunch, 17% for dinner, and 2% as a snack.
- Packaged, sliced bacon is a 2 billion-dollar market.
- Saint Anthony the Great is the Patron Saint of Bacon.
- The first bacon factory opened in 1770 in the county of Wiltshire, England.
- The phrase “bring home the bacon” goes back centuries.
- The average American eats 17.9 lbs. of bacon each year.
With over 6 billion lbs. of bacon consumed each year in the United States, restaurants are sure to take notice and add it to their menus making it available in a variety of ways. Pizzerias like ours are no different. In fact, it makes perfect sense. Pizza is one of the top ten foods in America and one of the ways to make it even better is to add bacon.
You’ll find bacon in our pizza restaurant on a number of our menu items, but one of the selections we sell the most is our Chick-N-Bacon Ranch Gourmet Pizza. In addition to the bacon, it has grilled chicken breast, mozzarella cheese, with a spicy Buffalo ranch base. It’s available in multiple sizes all the way up to our infamous Magnum size. Our Chick-N-Bacon Ranch Gourmet Pizza is the perfect way to celebrate this year’s National Bacon Lovers Day!
We have two locations to serve you in Buffalo and Cheektowaga NY. Choose delivery, pick-up, or dine in our Cheektowaga location.